Production Diaries 7th - 10th Oct

 Monday,  

We have found out the cast for the 1st casts ghost light tours today, I am playing sweeney Todd! this feels like a challenge for me as I have never played a villain and sweeney in my opinion is a very hard villain to nail. He is very calm but manic, a chilling character that is driven by pure vengeance, its important that the he bounces of Mrs Lovett in the right way while also petrifying the audience.

Tuesday,

We have been spending some time on tuesdays on duologs that we will be graded on, me and my partner Delroy have been cracking on with and experimenting on the duologue. The piece is from a show called Dear Evan Hansen, we chose the scene where Connor confronts Evan about a letter he wrote about his sister. Its filled with plenty peaks and troffs, sub context and a lot of tension. 

Wednesday,

A very exiting start to the day today as me and Keiran ran the warm up for the morning. We focused on movement and then taught the class a dance routine we made up, it was so fun to do this with the class and to do something different apart from running games. The rest of the day was spent practicing our pieces for the globe and also spent worrying about costumes and makeup.

Me and Keiran doing the warm up:


Thursday,
I came in late today straight back into rehearsing our pieces for the ghost light tours, I  have some more rehearsing to do as I have been given an bigger role in cast two as the mad director. After this we practiced some more of the songs from Pinocchio, I am interested in the character stromboli. He has a very challenging song which I think would be a good stretch for me.


Comments

Popular Posts