Production Diaries, 12th-15th February

 Monday,

We started off this week with some concentration warm ups to get us focused on the long day ahead and for the week. We are moving well through rehearsals for shout but today I am focused on stuff. A play being directed by one of our students Sophia. I am playing the character Frankie and it is finally time to get it on its feet. We started by blocking the first scene which I am in. I also asked if I could be in charge of set and props as I think it would be a good challenge for me.

Early notes made by the directors:  


 


Tuesday,

Today we got a lot of good feedback from peter pan. My feedback was great and I felt delighted that my written work and my practical work paid off. Apart from that, we are mostly left to study our chosen theatre practitioner for our up and coming presentation on tuesdays. Our research is going well so far, we have found some interesting techniques Mike Alfreds uses such as moment-to-moment work. We are a fan of his focus on the performance and his collaborative efforts with the actors themselves.   


Wednesday,

 Valentines day today! Love is in the air, so to fit the theme we played valentines games. We had to walk around the room and randomly give someone a compliment until everyone was nicely buttered up for the day! We then had to write notes about each other in secret, which then get shared out to the person we wrote the note about. Everyone got a lovely note each which had something lovely to say about them. I received on from my classmate Sophia (my director for stuff) were she had such nice things to say to me. After this me and the cast of stuff carried on with blocking scenes and learning lines to make sure this play is the best it can be. 



Thursday,

Another opportunity has arose today, with one of our other classmates, Callum Gordon, will be directing a play called "hunt". A play about a group of old friends growing distant who decide to play one last game of "hunt" before one of there mates leaves town. This then leads to some pretty funny situations and some secrets unfolding. The play is set in Belfast, meaning we may have to put on a northern Irish accent which I think will be an interesting challenge. So today we did a read through of hunt where anyone could butt in and read a part in the script which is an interesting way to do it, it gives chance to see the competition and to show you want to put yourself put there. I feel the character Steve fits my goals best, a type of character I have never played before, I hope it goes well.

Comments

Popular Posts