Production diaries, show week Peter Pan 11th- 15th December











 Monday

We are finally in the arc, it’s time to get familiar with our surroundings with stage familiarisation as we now have to  adapt to our new environment. It’s much more space than we had at rehearsals and we now know where to plan coming into the audience and backstage. Today was a day meant for the technicians to plan the lighting and the score, however we made our self’s useful during this time by practicing our lines and songs. As well as this we can now fully dive into our production roles. As stage manager I sorted out the flying crew with my cast and got caught up with everyone to see how things where going, providing any help I can.


Tuesday,

Cast ones run through today as the following day is their show day. Everyone was putting in there best efforts during this run through as the the nerves where setting in. I got the first taster of playing a lost boy on stage which was a big step forward to Peter Pan. 

Wednesday,

Today is show day for the relaxed performance and evening show, tensions are high and everyone is ready to put on a good show. We have had a talk on what to expect during the relaxed performance and how to act according. This is a very opportunity to engage a certain audience that wouldn’t even get the chance to be there in the first place. The relaxed show went well, the nerves subsided and everyone gave it their best shot, the audience absolutely loved it and it was such an interesting experience. The evening show went even better as we smoothed it out even more during the day. I believe my performance as a lost boy was convincing and I had a lot of fun doing it, I believe i know who my character is and how to play it and how he fits in. As my role as stage manager I was constantly back stage helping out with props, costumes and queries while watching Peter Pan to know where I would slip in. First show day went great and I can’t wait for the next one!

The two students Will and George who came up with the idea of a relaxed performance even got some publicity aswell!

Thursday,

Today was cast three’s run through where I perform as the shadow. The morning show for the primary school was absolutely packed and I could wait to see how they would react to the shadow. This type of audience was very fun to engage with has they are just to exited to indulge themselves in the play. The shadow went so well and I had so much fun playing it. This show went even better than yesterdays, it was smooth and no mistakes were made, the audience loved it. Same with the evening show, it was interesting to see the reaction was the same with the shadow for the adult audience and the children’s audience. It was very good engagement from everyone today and it showed.

Me practicing my fight scene for my show tomorrow:



Friday,

Today was my casts show day and I did have some nerves to start off with, I got changed in a hurry and did some vocal warm ups so train my self for the songs to come. At this point I knew where I was going, what my lines and songs were and what props I needed. I was ready and set for my debut as the main character. As soon as I stoned foot onto the stage the nerves subsided and I completely fell into play with the character of Peter Pan. The whole show went incredibly well with no hiccups, it felt amazing and I loved every second of it. However the evening show was still to come which was the most sold out by far, including a lot of my family so this to me was the big one. I knew what to improve on from the earlier show and I was now ready to do this one finally time as Peter Pan. It went absolutely fantastic, I engaged the audience with the type of character I played and just tried my very best. I was completely immersed in the character and I can’t wait for more to come.

Me as Peter Pan:









Comments

Popular Posts