Production diaries 27th-30th November







 Monday, 

We have moved from the collage to a dance studio next to the ark to rehearse, this gives us a real look into how rehearsals work and how we need to adapt when moving into the arc next week. A lot of responsibility rests on each of us as we need to learn our lines, practice scenes with others and perform our production roles when we are not needed. 

Main rehearsal room:


Tuesday,
Today we got started on the final fight scene, we have set a goal to practice it two times every other day to make it spot on. Repetition is key at this stage with rehearsing scenes and lines, just trying to get everything water tight. We also spent a lot of time on Wendy’s song, it took quite a while to choreograph as there is a lot of moving parts and props to set up. It is by far the most complicated song in the play.

Wendy’s song:

Wednesday,
Every small details are trying to be ironed out for next week so we can run through each cast as smoothly as possible, same with production rolls. Everyone is getting stuck into their roll, making sure everything is heading forward as possible. Although my roll as stage manager doesn’t fully kick in until we head to the arc I have still found out ways to use my roll to help out others. For example I have been communicating with the heads of props and costume to see how things are going and to see if they need any help. Making sure people are rehearsing in their respective spaces and so on. Apart from that we have been cracking in with scenes with hook and Peter.

Hooks sword:

Thursday,
Today was very interesting as it the first time I have tried on a morph suit, I gained the roll of the shadow for my fellow Peter which means more to choreograph. However this has been left up to us Peters and shadows to find out what works for us. Another look into the industry. 

Me blending into the wall in my suit:
 
Friday, 
Cheeky little Friday update, today I went into collage to audition for the roll of jack in the upcoming feature film. This was done so professionally with the directors and producers watching a piece. The character of jack is a very difficult, tense and sad character which I thought I could have a good go at. This is because I have a fear of becoming type casted as a jolly cheeky roll which have been my rolls so far. I really want to give this a good go and it did pay off as I was 1 of 4 to be called back. Let’s see how this goes. 






Comments

Popular Posts