Production diaries 14th-16th November









 Monday,

Today was spent patiently waiting for the cast list of Peter Pan. To fill in the meantime the day was mostly spent working on our acting and teamwork skills. A large majority was spent on a modified 3 truths and 1 lie. The biggest difference being, to get our truths and lies across by making a performance in our group. We had full freedom to be creative but the truths and lies all had to be told to the audiences (The audiences would then try to guess the lie). This is a very clever way of ramping up the team work in the groups because of the performance and also increasing the focus needed for the audience to detect the lie. Another game that stud out was one of which I don’t know the name of (let’s go with animal club). Each an everyone of us has to embody the characteristics and qualities of a certain animal and then wait to enter a night club as your animal. For example I chose an echidna who I named knuckles (a direct reference to sonic) so I was the tough problematic character in the club who was trying to pull a meerkat… strange I know but I really does help with skills to develop a character. The cast list was finally released and amazingly I bagged the role of Peter Pan. This is such an exiting opportunity and even tho it’s a big daunting task, I feel confident and ready for this challenge so soon on. I can’t wait to show off my talent and hard work I will be putting into the character of Peter Pan.

3 truths and a lie performance:

Tuesday, 

We kicked things straight off with singing and smashing through the songs for Peter, Wendy, the darling and hook. Making sure everyone is on the right page and how the songs will be sang. We took videos of our cues and tones so we could go away and practice them at home or with other people. It was a very good chance to see what everyone was working with and especially in our own casts.

Me and a fellow Peter Pan singing our song:

Wednesday,

Movement was the aim for today and we even sorted out a few routines for one of Wendy’s and the lost boys song. As I will be a lost boy in the alternative casts it was a big help to see how I could improve my character of a lost boy as I have been focusing more on Peter. I stayed back a few extra hours to go over the first scene with the alternative casts to put in the extra effort to get our lines spot on, our movement and characterisation right for this first act.

Wendy’s song:

Thursday,

Very productive day as my cast went through a big scene that goes into Wendy’s song and more. That scene with a little more work is pretty much sorted and I enjoyed doing it a lot as it was my first taste of acting as Peter Pan and all of the cast where spot on a really helpful to work with. As wall as this we also had a big discussion about costumes so I went down the the thrift shop in the collage and I had a look around after been given the criteria for how a lost boy should look.

Here is my lost boy outfit (I will add more to it at a later date):


Everything almost matches, same colour scheme but the clothes are wacky and look put together from found. The green vest there was a jump suit that Kelly cut in half, making it into a body warmer and the strap off it is to be used as a headband. The trousers are absolutely ridiculous but for a lost boy, ridiculous could mean absolutely amazing fashion. I am quite pleased with how it turned out and the other half of the jump suit I gave to someone else to use in their lost boy outfit, reduce reuse recycle.




Comments

Popular Posts