Peter Pan audition



 Monday stared off with our acting auditions, near enough every speaking part and main role all had to go in for their respective audition and perform a short scene of our character. I went for the main role of Peter Pan meaning my short scene was one where I clamber about Wendy’s bedroom looking for my shadow until I accidentally engage with Wendy herself and the scene plays out. I prepared myself for this by acting it out at home and with other people to decide on my movement, tone and certain characteristics to make it the best audition possible. I believe the character of Peter Pan is (most of the time) is over dramatic and very overwhelming which can be hard to pull off, apart from movement I believe my characteristics were that of Peter pans and I tried different approaches towards his interactions with Wendy to settle on a how I think he would do so. For peter this might have been on of a few times he’s seen a lady and spoken to them so obviously he is took back and especially since in the scene Wendy engages Peter by surprise. Since peter is very friendly though, he soon gets comfortable enough to let Wendy sew his shadow back on and towards the end even offend her then compliment her.

Evaluation:

I ended up being the first audition which didn’t leave me with a lot of time to prepare but I feel now that I am glad it didn’t. I had no time to get overwhelmed or overthink or most importantly, to change things last minute and mess up my whole audition. I was quite confident however and I believe it showed in the audition. I do feel I could have done more with my movement and I believe that’s where I let myself down the most. Apart from that I did not mess any of my lines up, I believe I characterised Peter well and I made sure my diction was good. Over all I do feel that if I could have done it again I could have done better.

Call backs,

The call backs for the main roles where done to see how the would bounce off each other in character and what chemist might work well between other people. We were put into random groups with one Peter, one Wendy, two hooks and a tinker bell. We learned and acted out two scenes to show off our chemistry. I thought this was much better than our auditions alone because I fine it easier to show off characteristics when bouncing off someone else.

Evaluation:

First I did a scene with one of the hooks where I felt I did a lot more with my movement than the last audition which really helped, my characteristics were spot on and diction. Then came the scene with Wendy, I truly felt I lost a lot of concentration and improved a few like just to grab a laugh form the audience, this is something I do realise and plan to improve on in the future. Apart from that I believe it was my best audition yet. I felt I fully embodied the character of Peter using a lot of movement, small details in characteristics that really excelled my performance.


Movement audition,

I’m groups of threes we would perform a dance routine where we had freedom to use our characterise ourselves while dancing. We would then get up in our threes and a few other groups and preform our routine to then be judged.

Evaluation:

Over all I think it went really well, I’m not the best dancer and neither were the people I was performing with but we put in a lot of effort especially into our character. It turned out really well and so was our small snippet at the end where we got to put together an ending. 

Singing audition,

It was as straightforward as it sounds. We sang a really small part of our respective songs on our own. First we warmed up our vocals buy singing, tongue twisters and stretches to prepare us for our auditions. Peter Pans were the first to audition, starting with a group run through to see who sticks out the most and always as another stage of preparation. Then we carried on with the audition on our own one at a time. 

Evaluation:

I came in way too early for the song which was the biggest downfall, it showed lack of preparation and concentration which I would not be surprised if it is a deal breaker. However it was purely just an accident. Apart from that I thought the singing went very well and I even included characterisation in with it which definitely improved my audition.

Second choice auditions,

Thursday came our final audition where we would audition for a pirate, lost boy or brave girl. Chose to audition for one of the lost boys. I was one of the twins with my friend which helped us bounce off one another (which is what the twins constantly do in the play).we prepared by practicing a scene with the lost boys and seeing how we could play about and be creative.



Comments

Popular Posts